Test Technician - Construction (hourly/full-time)
Reports to: Sr. Test Engineer
Department: NGC Testing Services - Buffalo, NY
Be part of a team that tests / certifies new and existing construction products and systems for a worldwide clientele.
NGC Testing Services has an immediate opening for a Test Technician-Construction at our facility in Buffalo, NY This position will report to the Sr. Test Engineer.
This position provides construction and related technical support for testing services to clients. The incumbent will assist in construction of various test assemblies, data collection, and assist in all aspects of client test programs. The position also requires the development of a working knowledge of standard designs and construction technologies. This is construction related position but has the benefit of being steady year round with all activities inside our large testing facility. Opportunity to advance into more technical positions based on performance.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Assist in the construction and demolition of test assemblies.
- Assist in recording testconstruction and test data.
- Assist the Test Engineers in working with clients to coordinate their test projects including determining all requirements and establishing time frames.
- Monitoring man hours and materials involved in test projects.
- Minimum 2-year technical degree in Construction Technology, Physics, Engineering, Science or related areas along with related work experience. Bachelorís Degree in these disciplines a plus.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a construction or similar work environment.
- Demonstrated hands on general construction skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) and match
- Retirement Account
- 10 paid holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
- And more…
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Employment Ready Applicants Only.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.