JOB DESCRIPTION: Test Technician
- This position is in a professional, office/laboratory setting.
- Local candidates only.
- Relocation expenses will not be provided.
We have an immediate need for a Test Technician at NGC Testing Services, Buffalo, NY.
This is to provide technical support for testing services to commercial clients and for National Gypsum through NGC Testing Services. The incumbent will assist in construction, data collection and in the report writing of tests and assist in coordinating National Gypsum and client test programs. The position also requires the development of a working knowledge of standard designs, such as those published by UL and others, and construction technologies.
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Assist in the planning and the construction of test assemblies.
- Assist in recording test data and preparing formal fire test reports.
- Assist the Test Engineers in responding to prospective client inquiries received by phone or email by providing cost, technical and test capability information.
- Assist the Test Engineers in working with clients to coordinate their test projects including determining all requirements and establishing timeframes.
- Develop extensive knowledge of standard designs such as those published by UL and other organizations.
- Assist in complete test project costing and issue quotations to clients based on the laboratories established cost guidelines. Assist in drafting Standard Service Agreements.
- Assist in the conductance of acoustical test procedures and operate acoustical testing instrumentation.
- Monitoring test fees, man hours and material costs involved in fire test projects and assist in drafting monthly invoices outlining the same.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Engineering, Science, Construction Technology or related areas.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a work environment which included some form of testing.
- Demonstrated hands on general construction skills.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Excel, knowledge of Lab View and other computer skills a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Report writing experience a plus.
- Wide range of knowledge of construction technology and material. Knowledge of acoustics, fire, structural theories a plus.
Please apply online if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Employment Ready Applicants Only.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.