Facilities and Equipment
The acoustical laboratory complex consists of a series of nine full-scale, fully isolated, independent test chambers, plus a control room containing state-of-the art instrumentation. With overhead crane capabilities, NGC Testing Services can build floor-ceiling specimens outside of the chamber and then simply move them inside, resulting in less time and expense.<
Our acoustical testing facilities include the following:
Partition Sound Transmission Loss Chambers
Sound Transmission Class (STC).
Ceiling Attenuation Chambers
- Building walls
Ceiling Attenuation Class (CAC).
Sound Absorption Chamber
- Ceiling tile
- Suspended-ceiling systems
Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC)
Sound Transmission Chamber
- Ceiling tile
- Office screens
- Space absorbers
Insertion loss of mechanical insulation products and sound transmission of smaller-scale test specimens.
- Pipe lagging systems
- Smaller-scale sound transmission tests
- Automotive barriers
Sound Transmission Class (STC), Impact Insulation Class (IIC) and Reduction in Impact Sound Transmission (Delta IIC).
Multiple test frame and overhead crane capabilities for evaluating:
Hemi-Anechoic Test Chamber
Articulation Class (AC) for Open Office Components, Specialty Acoustic Measurements.
- Ceiling tile
- Wall treatments
- Open office furniture/dividers
Additional facilities for developing custom test programs to evaluate acoustical performance of a wide range of products.
- ASTM E 90 - Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission loss of building partitions
(ISO 140, Part 3)
- ASTM E 413 - Classification of Rating Sound Insulation (STC)
- ASTM E 1111 - Measurement of the Interzone Attenuation of Open Office Components
- ASTM E 1332 - Standard classification for determination of Outdoor-Indoor Transmission Class (OITC)
- ASTM E 1408 - Measures the sound transmission loss of door panels and door systems
- ASTM E 1414 - Standard test for airborne sound attenuation between rooms sharing a common ceiling plenum (ISO 140, Part9)
- ASTM C 423 - Sound absorption and sound absorption coefficients by the reverberation room method (ISO 354)
- ASTM E 1222 - Test for the insertion loss of pipe lagging systems
- ASTM E 492 - Test for impact sound transmission through floor-ceiling assemblies using the tapping machine
- ASTM E 2179 - Test for the effectiveness of floor coverings in reducing impact sound transmission through concrete floors
- ASTM E 989 - For determination of Impact Transmission Class (IIC)
- ASTM E 1110 - For determination of Articulation Class (AC)
- SAE J1400 - Automotive barriers
- ANSI S12.31 - To determine sound power levels of broad-band noise sources in reverberation rooms
- ANSI S12.32 - To determine sound power levels of discrete-frequency and narrow-band noise sources in reverberation rooms
Back to Top
© 2001 - 2013 | Privacy Statement